Friday, January 13

is the glass half full or half empty?

This is a question I am so fed up with.

People say the optimists see it half full. The pessimists see it half empty.
The realist see it both, depending. I am a realist, then, I suppose.

It's friggin both, depending on what you need with that half a glass of water.
If your objective is to finish your drink, wouldn't you be glad to see it's half empty? Meaning you're done away with half, and you need only half to finish.
If your objective is to share your drink, wouldn't it make you happy to see that it's half full, that you've half a glass to share?

If you're downright thirsty and parched, wouldn't it elates you just to find any amount to ease your thirst? It may not be sufficient to quench it, but at for a time being it'll do.

So stop asking how I see the glass is. It's both. And I'll bet you'd be quite okay with yourself if I decide to throw you with half a glass of water instead of a full glass of water. Glad it's half empty, huh?

No comments: