Friday, November 18

The end of innocence

When you think you lost your innocence? When it ended and you realized that life is no so simple anymore, that you could not judge things in black or white anymore.

I remember mine was the last day of the senior high school. We were doing our university form that day. I had finished mine, and went to sit on the table just out the door of my class. I looked at my friends, still busy with their choices, while I didn’t care much about mine. The school PA was playing a song that time: Haruskah Kuteteskan Air Mata, and then Satu Jam Saja.

Somehow, that picture, that scene, remained in me for so long. Somehow, for me, that was the last day of innocence. Life would not be so carefree anymore. Life would mean lots of considerations. Life would be of colors, and what’s wrong or right is dependable of the situation.

Some people have lost theirs earlier than mine, I assume. I had (and still have) a rather simple life. But again, every grown up lost theirs, eventually.

Innocence belongs to a child. We don’t have it anymore. To my regret.

No comments: