Thursday, September 30

Ha pum pum and Silly Melon Head

I’ve read them stories, sang Danny Boy + Edelweiss + Bulan di Langit to them, and exchanged I-Love-You. Then my eldest said to me: “Ha pum pum, mommy”. I replied in an instant: “Ha pum pum to you, too, Biya”. My twins caught on, and soon we were exchanging “Ha pum pum”.

There’s a lot of ways to say I-Love-You, and my kid just created a new one.

But then, she added, “Ha pum pum to you, Silly Melon Head Mommy.” She’s been saying that SMH for days now. I didn’t have a slightest idea what they meant and where she got it. So I asked. Turned out she watched a Sagwa the Siamese Cat episode where Sagwa’s father once put a hollowed-water melon on his head, hence the Silly Melon Head.

Well, a lot of ha pum pum to you, my little Silly Melon Head.

No comments: