Friday, September 10

sit beside me (2)

Like a small miracle, I found myself seated in a 604-bus on wednesday afternoon just afterwork. It was nearing 6 pm, a very crowded hour in Sudirman, with crowded buses. Somehow, this one bus had lots of remaining seats - soon to be filled, though.

And like zillion times before, the one besides me was the last one to be occupied. So, what was it this time? My short, blonde-highlighted hair? My headphone? The way I look out the window, not paying attention to others? What was it? The "keep off" aura again?

What? Do I really look like someone who live in a separate world (one of my friends did describe me that way: You have a world of your own) - so separate and far away that people feel threatened somehow? Geez.... I won' t hurt you. In fact, I usually give my smile, say thank you and say excuse me all the time.

So, sit beside me, okay? Whether I am wearing my sunglasses or not, whether I have blonde highlight or not, whether I am lost in my music I hear thru that headphone (yup, headphone - not earphone).

I am just one of you, too.

Peace be upon you, fellow humans.

No comments: