Thursday, September 30

The Clients

It was nearing 10 pm, my eyes were getting heavy, sound started to drone, and I was nearing the state of oblivion. Yet, a constant but random interruption occurred. It came from my foremost clients: the twins.

Hasna, lying on my left, was asking for a back rub. And what a back rub it was! She kept saying a little to the top, not there, a bit down…., no – no – no, rather to the side. I wonder how she could’ve had so many points on her small back that itched.

Rania, the one on my right, kept asking for me to gently tap her. Then she asked also for a back rub. Then she changed again for a butt tap. Then she asked for water. Then she asked for her big pillow. Then she asked me to take the big pillow. Then she asked again for her big pillow to hug on. Then..then…then…

And I was losing my calm. It’s a nightly battle, this one. Trying to keep up with the clients’ need while keeping my patience (which I have very little of to start with). Oh, it is such a laugh to discuss it in the following morning. But at the very moment, it was nothing funny. I was tired, and having my descend to slumber aborted with such demands was simply maddening.

Sometimes, my clients came up with such original demand. Once, Rania wanted to wash her face – at 1 AM in the morning! Other time, having missed her afternoon nap and went too early to bed, she woke up at 2 AM and asked to go out to watch teve. Pretty funny indeed.

1 comment:

que said...

HUe he he he he... (it is indeed funny to hear it in the morning)