Wednesday, March 16

be careful with what you write

Seems nice, blogging, doesn't it? You pour out your heart's contents, post your imaginations, write your opinion, all with abandon.

Well, be careful. Be very careful. This place is accessible to public and the power that be that controls the public. I just read it: someone got sacked from her job because of her opinion on her workplace. And someone got not a so friendly visit from the secret agent (or was it FBI) regarding his opinion on his president / government.

Suppose I write something nasty about the place I work at. Or suppose I wrote something really really nasty about the government running my beloved poor country, which, if managed properly, could be a prosperous place beyond imagination. Suppose then someone from the power that be stumbles upon my blog and read it and not happy with it. Who am I to challenge? I am but one tiny dispensable voice of many, important only unto myself and those whose life somehow go around me.

How much does anonymousity in the internet protect you? Those fast brain techies could find us easy enough, no doubt about that. And then... Sapobi no more.

Freedom always has it cost. As with any other thing. For the freedom of the say, you may lose your freedom as a protected individual and subject to scrutiny or intrussion.

- sigh -

No comments: