Tuesday, March 8

Why I ceased reading the news

It started about four years ago, I think. I stop reading the news, I stop reading what happened to this country, I stop reading and wanting to know about politics. I never listen to the radio talkshow about current situation of the nation.

I tuned in to BBC and sometimes CNN, read Newsweek, browse the internet, but not longer pay attention to what happening within this country. Unless it is terribly big - cause I haven't ceased to scan the headlines and take notice.

Why?

Reading the local news makes me heart-broken and lost hopes of whatever good that is left in this country. For a person who believes in dreams and who live by the rules "when there's hope, there's life" I guess I am truly dead - concerning government and the people running it.

Sometimes things that happen still stir emotions in me (mostly anger and more hatred), but since those emotions do me no good except raising my blood pressure and heart rate - I chose to ignore them. Though sometimes ignoring doesn't work and I got all excited after all.

May God have mercy on this country and its people.
May God have mercy on my soul.

No comments: