Thursday, September 8

over-volume

I have nothing againts any body type. And definitely nothing againts people who are over volume.

It's just that, in Jakarta public bus, namely the Metro Mini, the hobbit-scaled seats are a menace to society, especially to those with generous size, and those who are unlucky enough to share the seats with them.

Let me tell you what happened to me this morning.
I was totally minding my own business, fending boredom and sleepinees, in the bus carrying me to the office. The seat next to mine was still empty. Until this lady got on board; one whose bulk was a bit over the standard. She quitely sat next to mine, bringing some of her generous volume right over my space. It was like having my body as sandwich filling between her and the bus wall.

There was no escaping such fate. The little I could do was moving my butt to the left a fraction of an inch, and re-alinging my back, just to survive the pressure from my right. And I quickly meditated myself to sleep. Sleep, the ultimate escape from all things uncomfortable.

Now what I have is the fleeting sensation of numbness on my right arm.

Have a happy life, dear friends.

No comments: