Monday, May 10

I am so dead this morning

For two night straights, my hubby and I had this abnormal nocturnal activities: watching movies and dum dee daa daaa late into the wee hours of the morning. As a family still living under the same roof with my parents, our private moments are scarce. So when they were out of town, party began.....that, after the kids were sound asleep, of course.

So this morning, after only 2 and a half hours of sleep, I woke up at 5.15 as usual, got myself up at 5.30, and left the house at 6.45 (that was late - we usually leave at 6.30 so that my daughter wouldn't be late for school). Mind you, the night before I only got about 5 hours of sleep. Definitely not enough.

Now, my head feels as if some part of it is on the air, floating. My eyes are bleary. I felt cold and was actually trembling for several seconds. Hot chocolate to the rescue! Forget that cold apple I used to have for breakfast. In this state, hot liquid would be a preferred choice.

I don't know how I would survive my day at the office today. Nothing extremely important or urgent today, thanks God. The images playing in my mind are soft cool pillows and nice bed, dim light, no sound, perfect stillness and deep slumber. Yeah, keep on dreaming.

What to do now? I've got reputation to maintain, you see. Cannot just rest my head on my desk and go to Planet Zimbar though it seems like a veeerrry good choice.

OK, I'll stop now. I'll try to survive with whatever energy level and brain capacity left for me this morning.

Have a nice day.

No comments: