Wednesday, November 3

What?

Okay, a thought crossed my mind in my way to office this morning, but then it eluded me. I know I need to write about something, but I couldn't remember what. Naught.

Perhaps, then, it would be a good occasion for me to write about my random memory. Ah! I remember now, I was about to write about amnesia. And the other (so, it was two thoughts after all) was about pain.

Pain first.
I read an article in The Jakarta Post about a girl who cannot feel pain. And I had read about that previously in Newsweek magazine also. Some very few people were born with that: no sensation whatsoever about pain.
You think it would be nice to live without pain? Nope. It would be disaster. Pain is there as a warning to our body: that something is wrong and something needs to be done. It is true, people have different threshold and react differently to the sensation. Nevertheless, you need it in your system.
Just think for a while. No pain. Numbness. You broke your bones and you cannot feel it. You cut yourself and notice only when there's blood dripping. You plunged into scalding hot water and doesn't feel a thing while your skin burns away.
No pain could lead to no fear. Sure. It's fear of getting hurt that usually stops us form doing what we want to do (or must do). But people with no pain could go on braving anything because they lack that one thing: the pain when you get hurt.

Reading the article makes think about this: that being normal, in all its shortcomings, is just PERFECT.

About amnesia? Later on. If I don't forget.

So folks, be thankful for those pains. It's part of your system as a human body.

No comments: