Monday, November 8

Your God vs. my God?

I was surfing the channels when I stumbled upon a BBC program about Moslems in Britain. One feature was about a woman lawyer defending the rights of Moslems in that country. A case she represented was about a man being tortured at his home in front of his wife / family. The attackers asked him this “Where is your God now?”

What is it about religion and God that separate us instead of joining us? If all believers truly believe that there is only ONE GOD, so why does it matter if that God is called by several names?

Most of us even pray in almost the same fashion, which illustrate the humbleness we are in front of God. We kneel, we bow, we cast our eyes down. We are small. We look up to heaven and see only a sliver of the unlimited Greatness.

Even if there is no God, or even if you think that my God and yours are different, look at ourselves in the eyes and see what it is that is so different with us that justify such act? You bleed, I bleed. You hurt, I hurt. Your heart beats, my heart beats. It stops when we die.

Human beings, we are. In all colors, in all shapes, in all beliefs (or even absence of beliefs).

No comments: