Monday, October 18

Of life and belief

What do you think of your life? Is it beautiful? Is it full of contentment? How do you rate it: satisfactory? Just so-so? How do you see where it’s heading: better tomorrow, just the same, or taking a dip?

I take life one day at a time. I don’t generally plan for the future. I take problem as it arises, and don’t think much about the long-term effect of it. Live for today!

I am no good at strategy, thinking of three steps to take in advance just muddle up my mind. That’s why I don’t play chess, and I don’t enjoy card games. My take on life is just like that. No strategy. Just bring it on.

Yet, I had trouble loosing the past. It bites me deep, leaves it mark, and I bear it until who knows when. To forget, to forgive. Forgive I think I can, but my random memory usually chose not to forget. Come to think of it, how come you forgive but not forget? Don’t they come as one package?

‘Tis the month of Ramadhan. Probably the holiest month in the Islam calendar. I ought to forget and forgive and clear my heart and purify my conscious. How do I acheive that, I suppose? My soul bearing the scrapes and wounds of previous times? My heart keeping dark secrets of my thoughts and feelings?

I should be thanking life for what it has given me. How do I do that? Is it by committing myself to religion? I believe in God, I believe in the mightiness.

A thought crossed my mind today: should I die, how would they burry me? How would they conduct the prayers? How would I want it to be done?

Maybe it’s time for me to choose a way. Maybe.

Let me leave it at that. Like many times before, I had thought, and then did nothing about it. It may end up just like those many times.

Peace be upon you.

No comments: