Saturday, October 2

swimming

It’s finally done, the event that kept me in this room until I wrote the 9.10 entry. Some chattering can still be heard, but the main feeling I have is that of drowsiness.

I swam this morning, for about 25 minutes straight. Alone. Totally alone. Nice.

Swimming gives me sensations beyond words. The feeling I have from submerging myself in the blue water, the coolness, the freedom I feel seeing the open sky: Slivers of sun rays through the leaves, blue sky without boundaries, pieces of clouds floating gently.

I wonder if our souls are just like the floating clouds:

We are here on our journeys
To gather someday, somewhere
To go back as rain
Fall to the ground
Back to the river
And be floating clouds again

Maybe that’s why I like swimming: I see my soul in its journey.

No comments: