Friday, October 29

Weird moon

It was indeed full moon last night, with clear blue sky. I gathered my children outside and together we looked at it. Then my eldest said:

“It’s a weird moon, Mom. The weirdest I’ve ever seen?”
“Oh? Why?”
“It’s not silver. Moon should be silver.”
“Indeed it is. It’s rather yellowy, don’t you think?”
“Yes, it is. It’s GOLDEN. Moon should not be golden.”
“Well….. sometimes moon does have different color. I’ve seen a pink one.”
“Pink? That’s weird”
“But anyway, look at that hallo. So big and beautiful, isn’t it? And the color, just like a rainbow.”
“Yes. It’s beautiful, but weird”

I hope it would turn silver once it was high in the sky. But late at night, when I looked at it again, it maintained it color: golden. I thought only early rising moon would have that color.

Weird? I wouldn’t say so. Amazing? Yes. There’s no limit to the greatness of the Creator, and the beauty we are allowed to see.

No comments: